Dark Chocolate Coconut Bite Recipe
A dairy-free coconut bar coated in dark chocolate. Make your own version of our delicious vegan treat at home.
100g Desiccated Coconut
3 ½ tbsp Carob Syrup (could use agave, or maple instead)
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
⅛ tsp Salt
85g Dark Chocolate (vegan)
1 tsp Coconut oil
1. Combine the desiccated coconut, carob syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and salt in a food processor and blitz until well blended.
2. Line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper and pour in the blended mixture. Press down firmly with the back of a spatula until fully compressed then place in the freezer until firm.
3. Break the chocolate into a glass bowl over a simmering pan of water (don’t let the bowl touch the water) and heat gently until melted. Add the coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
4. Take the coconut bar out of the freezer and cut into small rectangular bites and dip into the chocolate until fully coated.
5. Place on greaseproof paper and allow to set for a couple of hours.