Dark Chocolate Vegan Cookies Recipe
A rich dark chocolate cookie, studded with melting chocolate chunks and crunchy almond pieces, enriched with almond butter and sprinkled with a little sea salt.
43g Caster sugar
112g Soft light brown sugar
40g Almond pieces (For best results, use flaked almonds lightly smashed up, but whole almonds, chopped into small pieces will also work)
112g Dark chocolate pieces
205g Plain flour
20g Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
65g Coconut oil
72g Almond butter
100g Golden syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Pour the caster sugar, soft light brown sugar, flour, almond pieces, salt and chocolate pieces into a large bowl. (For best results sieve the cocoa, flour and bicarbonate of soda).
3. Mix the almond butter, oil, water and golden syrup together and add to the bowl.
4. Mix together with a wooden spoon and then bring the dough together using your hands.
5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Split your dough into 8 golf ball-sized balls and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes (This will vary depending on thickness – if the edges of cookie feel firm but centre is still soft, it should be ready to take out).
7. Leave to cool for 15 minutes. Enjoy!