Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Inspired by our Chocolate Chunk Cookie, this recipe makes eight astonishingly chocolatey cookies.
Suitable for Vegetarians
110g Unsalted Butter
170g Caster Sugar
85g Light Brown Sugar
1 Whole Egg
190g Self-Raising Flour
120g Large Dark Chocolate Buttons
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave, until just melted (but not hot).
2. Using a stand mixer or electric beaters, beat the butter with the caster and brown sugars until well combined. Add the egg and beat on low speed until just incorporated – 10-15 seconds or so. Don’t overbeat as this will result in a firm dough.
3. Add the flour and salt. Mix until a smooth dough forms – again, be careful not to overmix!
4. Add the chocolate buttons to the dough and combine with your hands. For a good distribution of chocolate, don’t be afraid to break up some of the buttons into pieces or chop them slightly beforehand.
5. Scoop out 8 balls of dough and place on a non-stick or lined baking tray. Make sure there is plenty space between them as the dough will spread out in the oven. Press them down lightly with your palm to flatten them out a little and bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies look puffed up and golden.
6. Let the cookies cool on the pan for around 30 minutes as they will settle and sink into a dense buttery cookie.
7. Best enjoyed warm (or place in an airtight container and eat within 3 days).