The Pret Gift Card
Terms & Conditions
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Terms and Conditions apply to your Pret Gift Card and govern the relationship between Pret A Manger (Europe) Limited ("Pret", "we" or "us") and you. Use of your Pret Gift Card will constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact our Pret Customer Services on 0207 827 8801 or at email@example.com.
1) THE PRET GIFT CARD The Pret Gift Card is an electronic money product. When you credit value to your Pret Gift Card you will be purchasing electronic money from Pret A Manger (Europe) Limited, whose registered address is 75B, Verde, 10 Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5DH “Pret”. The monetary value credited to your Pret Gift Card is a pre-payment for goods and services at all UK Pret shops. It is not a credit card or deposit account. No interest, dividends or other earnings will accrue on the Pret Gift Card.
2) OBTAINING YOUR PRET GIFT CARD You must be over 18 in order to purchase a Pret Gift Card. You can purchase a Pret Gift Card: in UK Pret shops, Pret online at www.pret.co.uk/en-gb/pret-card, in selected physical retailers and online subject to availability. Your Pret Gift Card is issued by, and remains the property of, Pret A Manger (Europe) Limited. If purchasing a Pret Gift Card online, it will be a physical gift card and will be delivered to the address you input during the purchasing process.
3) ACTIVATING AND TOPPING UP YOUR PRET GIFT CARD Activating If purchasing a Pret Gift Card online, it will be delivered to you already loaded with the designated value you select during the online process. If purchasing your Pret Gift Card at a physical location, you can request it to be loaded with any value between £10 and £100. Your Pret Gift Card will be activated as soon as it is loaded with a minimum of £10 (“Activation Date”). Topping up You can credit and top-up stored value on your Pret Gift Card by cash, debit or credit card at any participating Pret outlet and online here: www.pret.co.uk/giftcard. The minimum value you can credit your Pret Gift Card with each time is £10; the maximum amount is £100. The maximum credit value you can store on your Pret Gift Card at any time is £100.
4) USING YOUR PRET GIFT CARD BALANCE You can use your Pret Gift Card to fully or partially fund the purchase of any Pret products at all UK Pret shops. For a full list, please see: www.pret.co.uk/en-gb/shop-finder. The Pret Gift Card can be used for any number of purchases until its balance is completely exhausted or it has expired. The Pret Gift Card can be supplemented with other methods of payment if the products purchased from a Pret shop exceed the balance on the Pret Gift Card. You can check the balance on your Pret Gift Card at any time online by visiting www.pret.co.uk/en-gb/pret-card or in any UK Pret A Manger shop. You should keep your receipts and check your online statement to ensure that your account balance is correct.
5) EXPIRY OF YOUR PRET GIFT CARD Your Pret Gift Card will expire 2 years after the Activation Date unless:
1. you top up your Pret Gift Card; or
2. use your Pret Gift Card to purchase an item at a UK Pret shop in which case the 2-year validity period will refresh.
If you do not use your Pret Gift Card for a period of two years, your Pret Gift Card will cease to be valid and any remaining credit value stored on it will expire. Expired value cannot be transferred to a new card or redeemed.
6) REGISTERING YOUR PRET GIFT CARD To protect the stored value on your Pret Gift Card from loss, theft or damage, we recommend you register your Pret Gift Card by following the instructions on the Pret website at www.pret.co.uk/en-gb/pret-card.
7) LOSS, THEFT, DAMAGE You should treat your Pret Gift Card like cash in a wallet. If you lose your Pret Gift Card or if it is stolen, you may lose any value which is stored on it in the same way as if you lost your wallet. If you have registered your Pret Gift Card through the Pret website, you should immediately report any loss, theft, fraudulent or unauthorised use of your Pret Gift Card to Pret Customer Services on 0207 827 8801. In the event of loss, theft, fraud or other unauthorised use of your Pret Gift Card, or if your Pret Gift Card is damaged or malfunctions, we may, at our sole discretion, replace your Pret Gift Card and transfer any credit value stored on it to a replacement card. If we agree to replace your Pret Gift Card, a replacement card will be delivered to your home address as registered against the card. If we decide to redeem any outstanding balance to you the redemption payment amount will be paid to you by cheque, to your home address. If you subsequently find or retrieve a Pret Gift Card which you have reported lost or stolen, you must notify Pret Customer Services immediately.
9) LIABILITY OF PRET Neither Pret nor any member of its corporate group shall be held liable for any default resulting directly or indirectly from any cause beyond our control, including but not limited to, failure of network services and failure of data processing systems. To the extent permitted by law, all conditions or warranties implied by law, statue or otherwise are expressly excluded. Pret will not be liable to you for:
• any loss of income, business, goodwill or profits arising out of this agreement; • any unauthorised access to or alteration, theft or destruction of your Pret Gift Card; • the consequences of any delay or mistake relating to the use of your Pret Gift Card caused by any circumstances beyond our control; • any loss or damage which was not caused by our breach of this agreement or breach of our legal duty of care; •loss or damage is "reasonably foreseeable" if, at the time we entered into this agreement, such loss was contemplated by you and by us; or • any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you failing to take reasonable precautions against such loss or damage.
This agreement does not affect your statutory rights and must be read subject to those rights. Pret does not represent or warrant that your Pret Gift Card will always be accessible or accepted at participating Pret stores. The Financial Ombudsman Compensation Service is not applicable to your Pret Gift Card. Pret does not offer any other compensation schemes to cover losses claimed in connection with your Pret Gift Card.
10) VARIATION AND ASSIGNMENT We reserve the right to amend or waive any provision of these Terms and Conditions from time to time and at any time, or to terminate the Pret Gift Card program on reasonable notice. The Terms and Conditions applicable to the use of a Pret Gift Card shall at any time be the terms and conditions published on the Pret website (www.pret.co.uk) and your continued use of a Pret Gift Card shall constitute your acceptance of such terms and conditions. We will also e-mail you to let you know about changes to these Terms and Conditions. We may assign the benefit of these Terms and Conditions to any other company in the same group of companies as Pret. If we assign the benefit of these Terms and Conditions, your rights will not be affected.
11) ENTIRE AGREEMENT This agreement (as amended from time to time) constitutes the entire agreement between you and Pret and supersedes all prior proposals and all other agreements in respect of the subject matter of this agreement. If any provision of this agreement is illegal or unenforceable, that provision will be deleted from this agreement, and the remaining terms will not be affected. Headings are for convenience of reference only and will in no way affect interpretation of this agreement.
12) GOVERNING LAW These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.